Labels

Sunday, July 8, 2012

I think you'll like it :)

  Some time ago I've been in a local lumberyard and, suprisingly, got some free wood, which was used before for dividing sheets of a plywood. Since then it was stacked in my garage and waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. I couldn't say it was useless, I even lent it to workers painting my neighbour's house :)
Yesterday, I finally cut them into boards and realized how beautiful they are. Here are some photos of them cut and waiting for being planed.



  Look at the pattern. Those boards were cut from one log, it means that they will be really beautiful joined and used as one wide board.
  Some people told me I should make another little cabinet like the one I made before and thanks to them I'm making similar one. Of course, there will be no two cabinets looking the same, so stay tuned for the next project. This time with a complete description and photographies showing how to make your own :)


P.S. If someone knows what kind of wood is that, please tell me. It smells like oak, but when I cut it, it has different smell, has some spots like beech, but looks a bit different. I'm really curious.

1 comment:

  1. I love your designs and the way you work. The notebook-in-bed table looks great - also your little chest of drawers with the special drawer fronts.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete