Labels

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A flower press

  Next one. Ladies and gentleman, I present you ... A flower press for ... well, pressing flowers or something :)
Although I don't press plants, I built it with special concern. It is to be a leading product in my shop's offer. I know that you people do creepy things to flowers and other plants and Julia has came up with the idea, so here it is.
  The exact pressing parts are made of alder. I wanted to make them look like pieces of art. Although I know that it's only a practical tool, I am so fascinated with old sculpted furniture, of which every piece descibes different story just by special decorations on it's surface, that I went berserk with my router ^^
  The pressing surfaces are made from old shelves I've got from my grandfather. They are made of pine with suprisingly thick oak veneer.
  I think it's not a mystery how do you use the press so I won't describe it. Just look at the photos and tell me if you like it, don't be shy, comment!

  (If you would like me to make another one for you just e-mail me or leave the comment and I'll tell you the price and any other information.)

P.S. Julia just told me that it can be useful for painters as well, as a watercolour paintings press - I think every painter knows exactly what I mean. Keeps your works only two-dimensional :)





1 comment: