Labels

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm sure it has soul!

I managed to make a cabinet for Julia after she had told me that she needed something to store some little things. I think it's the ubiquitous problem almost everyone faces, where to keep all these needles, pins, tiny junk that, like electrons, don't like to stay in one place for more than 5 minutes.

The whole, let's say, frame is made of pine wood, then painted with walnut wood stain - looks just great. Firstly, I thought to make three drawers looking like the third one - traditionally, but I found some firewood at home and it turned out that it was walnut as well. I spent whole Sunday afternoon cutting as much as I can from the pieces of wood, but it was worth it. I managed to make drawer faces look like that to stress the beautiful structure and rusty colour of the wood.




Photos by Julia Marek.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good this small cabinet. It's simple and beautiful. I'm waiting for next projects.
    Regards
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about making another one, but for whom ? Hmm, maybe for sale.

      Delete
  2. PLeease remove the password confirmation for comments. It's easier way.
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      (Dzięki wielkie, nie wiedziałem, że tak jest ustawione :)

      Delete