Labels

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Description tommorow :)

 Lately, I've been busy. That explains why I haven't finished this post until now. I made couple of things, bought some wood, had some days off. Life. Ok, here's description I was to write 'tommorow' :)


 Below you can see a side of the cabinet, unfinished and a little rough, but that will be sanded until flush. It is attached to the leg by a dado, because it is too thin to make sliding dovetail. A dovetailing bit for my router is wider than the width of the side, it explains why I had to use weaker joint and glue.


 But, in the photo below, you can see routing a groove for a dovetail joint I made to join legst to the back of the cabinet. I had to use stop block as well not to go too far with the dado.





 I had to wax the joint to make it easier to assembly. As it is a dovetail I won't use any glue when I finally assemble it. And I had to round the dovetail to fit the groove made by the router.



 I made the back a little shorter and notched the leg tenons a little. That will lock the mortise and tenon joints and make the cabinet really hard to disassemble. But on the other side I couldn't asseble it to dry-fit as well, because I didn't want to somehow damage the project during disassembly then.


 Metamorphosis :) From a pile of wood to ... a pile of wood shaped to look like a cabinet. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment