Labels

Friday, August 10, 2012

Wine season 2011/2012 oficially closed!


Hello! Who said this blog is only about woodworking ? I'm afraid it was me who did that :) But, it's high time to change it.

Sorry in advance for the photos. They were taken by a mobile phone, because I didn't have any other camera when I was at my grandparent's today.

Last year, exactly in October, Julia and I (with a big help of my grand grandmother, yes, I still have grand grandmother) collected a lot of grapes from my grandparent's garden. It really grows twisting around the trees there, hangs like lianas over paths and it's creepers are so old that they are covered with bark. It makes the garden look amazing. I really liked the time I spent there harvesting fruits and I suppose Julia liked it as well.
We picked about 30 kg of grapes and then filled two big wine bulbs (I don't know how do you call it - a big bottle for wine-makers) with grape juice - the ancestor of our wine ^^
It really has been working since November, this wine was really 10 months old before bottling, that's amazing how sweet the grapes are that the wine needed so much time to calm down.

And, here they are. 30 bottles of 2012 red wine from Gran'papa Dzwończyk 'vineyard'.
In the photos you can see 6 bottles with red marks on the labels - that means the are yeast-free and ready to drink (I've bottled them two or three months ago); 24 bottles of the wine - made with a little help of wine-yeast; and two bottles of something I called black wine - bottled liquid from the bottom of the 'bulb', a suspension full of yeast, remnants of grapes and so one.





That's it, now they need to mature in a dark and calm place to get more tasty and less pungent.

I should thank Julia for designing and making the labels. They look really beautiful and make the bottles look much more elegant and professional. Thank you, Julia!

No comments:

Post a Comment