Labels

Friday, June 22, 2012

Frame time

  I've recently found some alder at Obi and managed to make some picture frames of it. As I wrote before, we are trying to set our own bussiness - a shop on Etsy, so we need to make some simple and practical projects to sell. Of course, my artistic soul couldn't bear the simplicity and I made dedicated picture frame for Julia. I've also watched a lot of Japanese woodworking on Youtube and tried some of their methods. Or maybe, those methods aren't really their, the way of thinking is. I've sharpened my chisel and got to work.
  You don't see it here, no one does, but every piece of the frame is connected to another by mortise and tenon joints, handcrafted tenons with a little help from my router. I mean, it took me whole day to make the frame, so it was really arduous day :)
  And then, I've managed to make a little drawing for Julia. The picture acts as a background picture, like those usually provided with picture frames and usually really crappy. Well, I'm not a painter, but I did my best :P





No comments:

Post a Comment