Labels

Friday, June 22, 2012

My workshop table

  I shouldn't do that but anyway, finally I have photos of my projects and I want to share it all with you at once. So today is my productive day of advertising my blog and starting my and Julia's shop on Etsy, finally.
  Couple of posts ago I wrote that I was building an assembly table for my shop, and here it is. I managed to make it as sturdy as I can and then I realised that I can attach my router to it and make it assembly-and-router table :) That's why I abandoned the idea of drilling holes in the table-top, the ones which would hold paper sheet sized projects like some picture frames and so one. I drilled only one big whole in the middle for my router and that fits me enough.
  The table is made of pine and the top of plywood. Whole frame is just painted with oil and the top is painted with my favourite walnut stain, then with stain fixer and waxed so it's surface is really slippery. That's a really good feature for a router table and only a little bad for assembly table. Pure mathematics.
  The photos are awful, it's because my garage isn't properly lit and now it's a little messy in there so I couldn't move the table outside. But, let's enjoy it from the purely practical side.

P.S. Julia made the last photo when I was showing her how the router table works. So, it's a little fake regarding the router wasn't really turned on :) But, shh.




No comments:

Post a Comment