Labels

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A little of decency.

  Right, now I'm supposed to tell you how to make one for yourselves. I won't, but don't leave ^^
  I've came by two big chunks of beech in my local woodstock and bought two oak pieces of kitchen tops on a site simillar to your Craigslist. A couple had their kitchen renovated and had two spare pieces of wood, which remained after making the top of kitchen-desk.
  So, finally with some materials "in stock" I managed to make something of it and, this time, to make something that I would put up for sale. I've realised half of the plan, because I made a nightstand, but for myself. It's the first project I made of some decent wood, not just pine that is really ubiquituous and out-of-style. I painted it with wood oil so it wouldn't loose it's natural colour, as you can see in the third photo - beech has really interesting pattern. 
  I hope you like it. I am going to make another one in the near future to accomplish my plan and earn something, maybe you will find it on Etsy, who knows (and who knows how to ship it, really? :).




No comments:

Post a Comment